Once Musical

May 30, 2013

This isn't my usual post but if you know me I'm very passionate about music and once I heard about the musical 'Once' I had to let everybody know about it! It's all about when an Irish busker and a young Czech girl meet through a shared passion of music and their songwriting sparks a deep connection and romance that neither of them expected. Once is a winner of 8 Tony Awards in 2012 including 'Best New Musical'. It's a sort of old fashioned love story that has a bit of twist. All the songs included in the musical are from the original film including the amazing song 'Falling Slowly'. This musical doesn't come around often, I know I can't wait to see it, if you're into this sort of thing then I would definately give it a watch!

This is such a me kind of musical and the last 'musical'/theatre production I went to was Lion King a good few years ago. Musicals like this really interest me as anything with a bit of live music makes me tear up. Plus I do love a good old Irish accent. I think the fact that you can see how passionate the actors are in their music and instruments really inspire me and captivate me into watching this. For more information follow them on Twitter at @OnceMusicalLDN. 


Gemma x




You Might Also Like

0 comments