WINTER-READY SKIN WITH DOVEOctober 27, 2015
As you guys know, the clocks went back this Sunday which not only means an extra hour of sleep (yay!) but also an extra hour to make a difference and why not get your skin winter-ready! Dove kindly sent me out a hamper of goodies to get involved with this campaign and share some of my top tips with you guys to help moisturise your skin at no time at all! I also love using their gentle exfoliater with these tips as it is super soft of my skin and leaves it smooth after one shower!
TIMED MOISTURISATION TIPS
· 5 mins: Before getting into the shower take 5 minutes to vigorously sweep a body brush up the arms, legs and back towards the heart. This stimulates lymphatic circulation, which helps you to eliminate toxins effectively and feel energized for the day.
· 10 mins: For an at-home remedy, try using banana to moisturise your skin and leave it looking and feeling softer. Mash up a medium-sized ripe banana into a smooth paste, then gently apply it to your face and neck. Let it set for 10 minutes, then rinse it off with cold water.
· 5 mins: Bring a sense of hotel luxury into your bathroom. Use mood lighting with the dimmer switch and tea lights. Low lighting gives the brain a message that it’s time to relax.
· 10 mins: Exfoliation gently removes dry skin cells from the surface, allowing moisturisers to function effectively. Give skin the superior care it deserves with Dove Gentle Exfoliating Body Wash
· 10 mins: Different massage movements in the shower can help various parts of your body; for example long strokes up the legs help to stimulate circulation, and spiralling movements around your neck and shoulders help to loosen any knots.
· 10 mins: Put on moisturiser when your skin is still damp. That way, the moisturiser helps retain the moisture still on your skin. Let it soak in for a few minutes, and then towel off the excess.
- 10 mins: As the weather gets colder, we have the urge to switch on the heating but hot air can be damaging to our skin. Use a humidifier for short periods of time in a well-ventilated room and keep the door closed so that moist air doesn’t escape… Or place a bowl of wet rice on top of your radiator to put some moisture back into the room and your skin.
Such super simple tips to help your skin get winter-ready! Have you got any tips of your own?