date night ideas

August 15, 2019


I never used to be a soppy, romantic type who would openly admit how in love I am and post lots of love quotes but since meeting my boyfriend things have certainly changed! I have always loved surprising people and being thoughtful which then turned into my romantic side coming out. I would choose a homemade meal with candles and flowers over eating at a fancy restaurant. I would choose a cabin in the woods over a 5* hotel. I would choose a handwritten card over buying gifts and luckily enough I have a boyfriend who is also good at surprises, thoughtful and romantic and makes me feel so lucky. It also helps with saving money and keeping things exciting in the relationship which is why I think we have got stronger over the year we've been together. Here are my top 5 date nights that I would recommend doing with your partner!

1. (Stolen from my bf) Buy their favourite snacks, grab a card and write something person to them and set this up as a surprise in another room. Chuck some fairy lights over or candles to add some warm lighting and romance!

2. Grab a blanket and basket and go for a little picnic. We have done this often in different locations and has been really fun! You could make it fun by turning it into a little challenge - both grab 3 items each that you think the other person will like!

3. Turn your bedroom into a cinema by putting the mattress on the floor with lots of pillows and blankets. Adding my favourite touch - candles and fairy lights and don't forget the popcorn!

4. Have a pamper night in. I don't care what guys tell you but they definitely love a face mask so grab a mask, cream, nail file whatever you can talk your partner into and relax together. This is also a great time to treat each other to a nice massage to properly unwind.

5. Surprises! No matter how little or big it is I think it's the most important thing to keep a relationship alive. Nobody wants to be with someone and begin to get bored. A nice, simple surprise I did in the past was when my bf had a long day at work so I picked him up from the station. When he was in the car I told him to look in the drawer and there were his favourite chocolates! It could even be trying something new like an escape room or a new restaurant together!


Gemma x



You Might Also Like

0 comments